eKids is an important part of our mission as we partner with you to lead your kids to grow in their walk with Christ.
I’m so thrilled to be able to welcome families into our new classrooms!
Just like in our church services, we’re taking additional steps to keep our eKids environment safe (and fun) for your family!
- In light of reduced local transmission of COVID-19, increased vaccination coverage, and changes in state mitigation requirements, Ekids has updated our guidelines for our children's ministry environments. As in the past, we will use CDC, Maryland Department of Health, and local expert input to guide its plan. This plan will be updated on a regular basis as conditions dictate.
In keeping with CDC, State, and local school system guidelines the following will be implemented beginning September 5, 2021 in our children's ministry environments:
- Masks will be required for volunteers and children. (Children 2 years and younger do not need to wear a mask)
- When you and your child leave the eKids area (the area behind the blue double doors) you are free to wear or not wear a mask.
- Echo supports the right of all volunteers and children to choose to wear masks for personal safety.
- We will continue temperature checks for volunteers and children.
Of course, we'll need to work together to help keep eKids a safe place for everyone, so please stay home and participate in church online if your child has had a fever in the past 14 days, shows any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have any questions about what to expect, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let me know.
- Kendra Knauer, Children's Ministry Director
eKids leader, Kendra Knauer, along with the Early Education teams have gathered together some helpful kids lessons and videos for you to use at home.
As we add more resources and links, you'll see them right here in the lesson library. While we currently are not hosting eKids programs on Sundays, we do send out a weekly newsletter about Sunday mornings every Wednesday at 5:00 PM. When children's programs begin again we'll be sure to share the news on email and social media!
Want to join our newsletter? Join here.
Kendra Knauer leads Echo's ministries to elementary aged children and oversees our amazing eKids department! She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Christian Education and a Master’s Degree in Special Education. Prior to joining the team at Echo, Kendra taught elementary students for 12 years in both private and public schools.
Kendra is married to Phil and is the mom of their two boys who are FULL of personality - Chase and Isaiah. She loves being able to combine her passion for teaching with her desire to walk with children on their faith journey. In her spare time, she loves to explore new hiking trails with her boys.
Favorite Foods: crab cakes, shrimp, and steak
Favorite Bible character: Esther